By Kendra Kinnear (20/5/2022)
Summer is a time for gatherings and simple pleasures, so with that in mind let me introduce you to my secret weapon. A baked treat I take to all my family get togethers, my addictive kinderella blondies.
Kids love these bars and big kids alike, so they are a must for any party! These are my favourite ooey-gooey oh so buttery kinderella blondies, and I love these not only cause they're so tasty, but this is also a superb base blondie to carry whatever crazy filings you have in mind! But for now, we’ll start with my favourite.
Unlike brownies, blondies have no cocoa; instead, their fantastic flavour comes from a high butter to flour ratio, and in my option, the most important aspect the brown sugar; this gives a rich butterscotch flavour which is truly addictive! And if you want to one-up this recipe and make it genuinely indulgent, why not brown your butter!?
Honestly, I could write a whole post about the wonders of brown butter; not only does it make blondies taste rich and nutty, but it's also excellent in cookies, cakes, and not to mention a big bowl of pasta! Anyway, you get the idea brown butter = AMAZING.
And now, enough rambling time to get to the good part of the recipe.
Ingredients you'll need
220gm Melted Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Eggs Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
2 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Black Milk Hazelnut Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Line a 8inch square tin with baking paper
- Melt your butter in the microwave or for extra amazing flavour why not brown your butter!? This will give your blondie an extra depth of nutty flavour.
- Once your melted butter has cooled add in you sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix till it’s all combined
- Next add in your flour, salt, white chocolate chips and then mix till it’s all nicely incorporated
- Pour into your prepared baking tin, drizzle in your hazelnut sauce and with a skewer swirl the batter and sauce together
- Place blondie in the oven. Bake at 180c for around 20mins or until golden and a skewer placed in the middle has a few crumbs but doesn’t come out completely dry
- Finally, leave to cool preferably to set overnight (hard I know!)
Kinderella Blondies at Black Milk Manchester
And that my sugary friends is this weeks naughty recipe! Keep an eye out for more amazing recipes,tips, tricks plus much more hitting your inbox soon!